SSAI TRAVEL GRANTS FOR YOUNG INVESTIGATORS
SSAI supports young investigators in Allergology and Immunology and Trainees FAMH in Immunology to present their data on national and international conferences and meetings.
The following guidelines and rules apply:
Eligibility and formal criteria for applicants
- SSAI travel grants are available for PhD students and postdocs or assistant doctors within 6 years after receiving a PhD or MD degree.
- SSAI travel grant applicants must be a member of SSAI at the time of submission.
- Applicants must actively participate at the meeting (poster or talk). Meetings can be on-site or online.
- The maximal contribution per grant is CHF 700.-. Expenses for travel (2nd class train tickets / economic flight fares), registration fees and hotel accommodation can be funded.
- Young investigators can maximally apply for one travel grant per calendar year.
- A total number of funded travel grants per research group/laboratory is limited to two travel grants per calendar year.
- Applications must be submitted by individuals.
- The application must enclose the following items: the applicants CV, the accepted conference abstract, a list of publication of the applicant, the estimated travel expenditure.
- The application must be submitted as a single pdf file by e-mail to email@example.com before the meeting and the two annual submission deadlines, which are March 1st and September 1st.
- The prime selection criteria are the scientific quality of the abstract and the conference.
- The overall number of funded SSAI travel grants is limited.
- SSAI travel grantees submit copies of the effective expenses and a certificate of attendance together with their private bank account details after the meeting to firstname.lastname@example.org. A reimbursement to an institutional bank account is not possible. Only the effective costs will be reimbursed.